Epstein Hillel School is a small pluralistic K-8 Jewish independent school on the North Shore of Boston located in Marblehead Massachusetts. We offer a vibrant and enriching education through an innovative and interdisciplinary curriculum.
We are currently seeking a part-time school nurse for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year. Hours will be 10am – 2pm, Monday – Friday.
The School Nurse is responsible for implementing and managing our K-8 school health program in accordance with the Massachusetts State Department of Public Health Guidelines.
- Graduate of a professional nursing program approved by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
- Maintain current license as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Maintain certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and First Aid from a recognized provider.
PERFORMANCE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide care to any individual in the case of sudden injury or illness and document care provided.
- Complete accident reports, and maintain a log of health room activity within the Achieve database.
- Support classroom instruction of health and wellness.
- Develop and implement Individual Health Care Plans and Emergency Plans for students with significant health problems and allergies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to administer medications appropriately, in keeping with school policy on administration of medication in the school.
- Maintain an accurate health record on each student.
- Organize, carry out, and report on Massachusetts Department of Public Health mandated health screening programs and make appropriate referrals and follow-up on vision, hearing, and scoliosis screening failures.
- Screen all students and ensure compliance with immunization laws.
- Collaborate with staff and teachers to identify students with health needs that interfere with effective learning.
- Participate in school safety awareness and recommend modifications necessary to maintain optimum health and safety of students and school personnel.
- Participate in team conferences regarding children with significant medical needs.
- Maintain First Aid supplies and equipment including the AED.
- Be a resource to the parents, students, and faculty/staff in matters pertaining to health.
- Be a mandated reporter in accordance with MGL Chapter 119, Section 51A regarding abuse of children.
- May include light office work
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Amy Gold, Head of School: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our positions, when available, are also found on the Association of Independent Schools in New England website: www.aisne.org.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Epstein Hillel School is an equal opportunity employer, committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Epstein Hillel School prohibits unlawful discrimination based on age, color, creed, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies equally to all applicants and employees regardless of position, status or title within the school or work relationship to any other employee.